Last Updated on by
Tauranga is not only the beautiful corner of the globe that we are lucky enough to call home, it is a bustling hub full of fun activities and adventures for you and your wee #touringtots! Whether you’re travelling here from afar, popping over for the day or call the Bay Of Plenty home you’ll be surprised at just how much we have on offer!
10) THE BEACH!You can’t look past our beautiful beaches! Voted Best Beach in NZ again this year, Mount Maunganui offers up beautiful golden sands and safe waters perfect for your little ones to dip their toes, boogie board and swim in the shallow shores! One thing I’ve learnt is you’re never too old to sandcastle battle your #touringtots, so pick up a bucket and spade, grab your umbrella for shade and pack your bag full of hydrating fresh water and sunblock and you’re all set for a fun filled day in the sun!
luggage.co.nz tip: Plan a secret pirate treasure hunt on the beach for your wee ones, they’ll love it!!
9) BIKE THE BOARD WALK!We take great pride in our beautiful board walks here in Tauranga and they’re perfect for enjoying a leisurely stroll or safe controlled bike ride along during any season. Whether you choose to bike the Mount Main Beach, Pilot Bay or Waikaraeo Estuary Walkways there is always something for your little ones to see and enjoy and it’ll sure wear them out so you’re ready for a relaxing evening!
luggage.co.nz tip: Hiring a bike with a trailer or kiddies seat is a great way to spend time with your #touringtots whilst still allowing you to go at your own pace and fully enjoy the view!
8) SPONGEDROP CAKERY!Ok, so this may be just as much as a treat for the adults as it is the children, but really who’s complaining when delicious cupcakes are involved? Backing right on to the park and with plenty of room to run and burn off the treats whilst you relax with a scrummy Supreme Coffee, Spongedrop Cakery is as colorful and fun as it is delicious! Kids will love all of the beautiful designs and yummy family friendly flavors available!
luggage.co.nz tip: Halving a cupcake is a great way to share and enjoy the moment with your little one whilst ensuring they don’t overdo it on the sugary goodness!
7) MARSHALLS ANIMAL PARK!Still one of my favorite places in Tauranga, situated next to the stunning McLaren Falls Park, Marshalls Animal Park boasts 35 acres of fun, friendly animal interaction that will satisfy even the biggest little animal lovers needs! Friendly KuneKune pigs, miniature ponies, alpacas and tonnes of other exciting animals are just waiting to meet your little ones! Friendly on the pocket and educational they’ll be asking to come back time and time again!
luggage.co.nz tip: This is a great opportunity to teach your children about how to properly and safely approach and interact with animals!
6) KIDDIE CONES!Copenhagen Cones is a must visit destination for anyone visiting the Mount, their delicious waffle cones can be smelt for miles around and sure bring in the crowds! Copenhagen offer a $1 kiddie cone that is just the perfect size for a refreshing treat after a walk up or around the Mount!
luggage.co.nz tip: Carrying wipes with you can ensure you’re always ready to clean up little spills and messes!
5) WALK THE MOUNT!Talking of Mount Maunganui, why not walk the Mount with your #touringtots! The base track is full of fun wildlife to spot – either out at sea, on the rocks or up in the trees. The track is smooth and safe but you will need to keep an eye on your little adventurer as the track has no railings. If you’re feeling a little more adventurous you can go up the Mount, the views from up there are beautiful and something everyone has to see at least once! Trust me, it’s worth the walk!
luggage.co.nz tip: Don’t threat, walking up and around the Mount isn’t a race! Take as many stops as you need, rest and enjoy the beautiful journey you are on with your child!
4) WATERFRONT FUN!The Waterfront Playground is a winner among the littlies! It is safe, secure, close to parks and a coffee cart for the adults! It’s a great way to break up a day in the CBD to ensure your kiddies aren’t becoming restless and bored! With a variety of exciting and enticing obstacles and activities they’ll be entertained for hours.
luggage.co.nz tip: Using short park visits as incentive to behave and enjoy shopping is a great way to teach children that following you around the shops isn’t all that bad! Alternatively, just shop online 😉
3) EXPLORE THE HAIRY MACLARY SCULPTURES!Just down the road from the Waterfront Playground you’ll find the Hairy Maclary & Friends Sculpture Project, these 9 fun characters play and cause a little bronze statued mischief together! You’ll find Scarface Claw, Slinky Malinki, Hercules Morse, Muffin McLay, Bottomley Potts, Schnitzel von Krumm, Bitzer Maloney and Zachary Quack ready to play!
luggage.co.nz tip: Introduce your #touringtots to the world of Hairy MacLary before you visit, they’ll become familiar with all of the characters and love to see them in real life!
2) SPLASH IN THE HOT POOLS!Tauranga is full of amazing hot pools so you’re never far from a fun, relaxing day out for the whole family! The Mount Hot Pools are a hit among families with young children due to the three separate salt water pools – one large hot pool with back jets, one cooler pool perfect for swimming laps and hanging out and one childrens pool with a fun slide! This is a great place to have some R&R with your little one whilst still allowing them to explore and have fun in a safe environment.
luggage.co.nz tip: this is a great place to teach your kiddies how to swim! So don those arm bands and get paddling little ones because you’re soon to be seasoned swimmers!
1) TUMBLE TIME!!A sure fire way to wear those little ones out, Tumble Time is a #touringtots dream! With trampolines, moon-hoppers, scooters, trikes, bikes, balls, gymnastic equipment, balancing fun, cars and road mats, mega blocks for building fun, coloring, music, racing and much much more to keep them entertained for only a couple of dollars! Tumble Time is strictly for pre-preschoolers so get them among it as soon as possible.
luggage.co.nz tip: This is an ideal opportunity to teach your children motor, social and life skills! Join in and share these moments with them.