Last Updated on by
As we roll into winter, the longing for hot weather to return begins. December seems too far away, so why not book an Island Getaway?
Whether you’re off to Fiji, Samoa, Rarotonga or venturing a little further out to Hawaii, we’ve got you covered!
We’ve picked our top 10 travel items for a successful Island Getaway:
When it comes to choosing luggage to take with you on your Island Getaway, weight and size are definitely two key features to look into.
1 . For a softside option, the Nomad Elite Air Softside Suitcase Range is a must-have! The medium checked 69cm size is ideal for a week long Island Getaway. Weighing in at only 2.6kg, this lightweight option ensures plenty of room for your swimsuits and summer clothes! The matching carry-on 55cm case is also a great addition to your luggage family!
Shop the Elite Air 69cm Softside Spinner from Nomad here: RRP: $169.00
2. Our second luggage option is hardside, and one of our absolute favourites here at luggage.co.nz! The Explorer Luna-Air Hardside Suitcase Range is a lightweight option with plenty of fun colours – at an incredible price point too! The medium checked 65cm size would be the perfect size for an Island Getaway, especially in our newest Seafoam colour!
Shop the Explorer Luna-Air 65cm Hardside Spinner here: RRP: $149.00
3. When travelling on shorter trips, a casual backpack is definitely the way to go. Herschel’s range of backpacks are always a great choice – they’re lightweight, simple and we have them in some super cool designs! My favourite being the Herschel Heritage Mid-Volume Backpack in this fun tropical print! Inside you’ll find a 13″ MacBook sleeve and a handy exterior pocket which is perfect for stashing your passport and wallet in!
Shop the Herschel Heritage Mid-Volume Backpack here: $129.00
4. Obviously taking a wallet is a must, especially one with RFID blocking material and a specific passport slot. Two top picks for me would be the Pacsafe RFIDsafe TEC Passport Wallet or the Pacsafe Citysafe CX Wristlet Wallet.
They’re both RFID blocking, fit a passport and have designated card slots. With the Pacsafe Citysafe CX you’ll also find an interior zippered coin pocket. This option is ideal for those who want to transition between travel and everyday life, while keeping the same wallet.
Shop the Pacsafe RFIDsafe TEC Passport Wallet here: RRP: $59.00
Shop the Pacsafe Citysafe CX Wristlet Wallet here: RRP: $89.00.
Stay organised throughout your Island Getaway with our range of Packing Accessories!
5. Packing Cubes are the key to an organised travel experience! The Lapoche brand have a huge range of different packing cubes and organisation pockets. From lingerie totes, socks & jocks totes, shoe bags, packing cubes, shirt bags and outfit organisers, their selection is super impressive!
Shop Lapoche Packing Accessories here: starting at $25.00
6. Another option for packing cubes is the Herschel Standard Issue Travel System. The set includes three packing cubes and a wet bag, which are all available in a range of fun colours and patterns!
Shop the Herschel Standard Issue Travel System here: RRP: $89.00
7. Another essential packing accessory is a toiletry bag. Herschel offer a range of decently sized toiletry bags in a bunch of fun colours and patterns. The Herschel Chapter Travel Kit ensures you’ve got all the necessities for your Island Getaway – don’t forget the sunscreen!
Shop the Herschel Chapter Travel Kit here: RRP: $69.00.
It’s always handy to pack a few extra accessories for the trip, you may not need to use them, but they could come in handy!
8. Go Travel Travel Bite Relief – this handy wee device has the potential to save you from any discomfort that comes with bug bites. This 100% natural remedy is made with quartz crystals & when clicked, produces a tiny, low intensity zap to relieve bite symptoms.
Shop the Go Travel Travel Bite Relief here: RRP: $44.00
9. Go Travel Acustraps Motion Sickness Bands – if you suffer from motion sickness and you’re planning on travelling on any small planes or boats, this handy invention may save you from sickness.
Shop the Go Travel Acustraps Motion Sickness Bands here: RRP: $29.00
10. Go Travel Travel Fan – taking along a small, portable fan is a great idea when off on an Island Getaway. Perfect to have handy when laying out in the sun, you will not regret popping one of these in your bag when packing!
Shop Go Travel Travel Fan here: RRP: $27.00
*EDIT: We no longer stock this Go Travel Travel Fan but check out our wide range of travel accessories here!